Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Space Duel has come home...

My friend Ryan and I went to get the cab on Saturday! The cabinet gods did try to prevent me from getting the cabinet by making me find another truck to do the hauling at the last minute, but fortunately I was able to find one, and all was good. We were able to find the place easily and made it home with no problems. Luckily the guy that I was getting the cabinet from was not a frail old man, as the cabinet would have been a pain to load with just the two of us!

Of course, both of us forgot to bring a camera, so the only photos that I have are ones that I took of the cabinet after it was already in my basement. So without further ado...

This is the cab sitting in the basement where I will be working on it.


This is the control panel... its a bit chopped up, but that doesn't matter. I know someone who works at a metal shop and he is going to use the original to make a new one for me.


Here are a few detail shots of the coin door, coin mechs and plate on the bottom front

Coin mechs... they accept quarters, and both of them still work!


Looks like its #2491 in the production run... I wonder how many of these were made?


And finally, here is a photo of my test bench. That control panel was made with a hand saw, some spare screws I had laying around and some wood from an old computer desk... quality!


That's all for now. I will update as soon as I get some more done on the cab... gotta get some big kid stuff out of the way first...

No comments: