Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Space Arcade Lives!

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I have come up with a name for my machine: "Space Arcade"... real original huh? What? A space-themed MAME cabinet? Thats never been done before! :P

Well my reasoning behind it was that I wanted it to be "Space ______" since the machine was originally "Space Duel".so I did some brainstorming and came up with Space Arcade. Its short, simple, fits the theme, and will fit in the space that I have on the marquee. So off to photoshop I went... ah, glorious photoshop! After a few revisions, I settled on a design. Here is what I have so far... it still needs some clean up work and finishing, but it is looking pretty good!

If you are curious, and have never seen the original, here it is:


I am also working on a custom control panel overlay, but it still needs some work before I upload it here... keep an eye out for the next update... should be a good one!

No comments: