Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Side Art project

A while ago, I was contacted by Zorg(Eric), a member on the BYOAC forums. He asked if I was interested in scanning the side art of my Space Duel Cabinet. I gladly agreed, because the side art on Space Duel is really fantastic, and is unavailable anywhere online. So I carefully tipped my cabinet on its side, and used a regular flatbed scanner to scan 8.5"x11" sections until I had the entire artwork scanned. Eric wanted the scans so he could vectorize the artwork so the artwork would be preserved and also so full-sized reproductions could be made.

I just got an update from Eric on his progress that he has made since I sent him the scans a couple of months ago. Here is what he has done so far:
Looking good, huh? Feel free to check out his website at: http://vectorzorg.free.fr/vecto/ He has vectorized the artwork from several classic arcade games. Also, this project was featured over at Rotheblog, a classic arcade gaming blog, as well.

I will post updates on the side art project as I get them. The art on one side of my cab is damaged, so I may order a reproduction after this is all completed to replace the damaged art.

1 comment:

rotheblo said...

How can I express my great greatitude other than thank you? Thank you for taking the time to scan the Atari Space Duel sideart and sending it off to someone who feels passionate about vectorizing it and maybe having it screen printed.

Keep at it on updating the blog, even with minute progress. You have a unique project in converting this Space Duel, I hope you preserve as much of the original game as possible.

Jeff
http://www.rotheblog.com - Classic arcade news and information